Desktop Support Technician
Office: Fairfax County
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees/contractors are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Perform activities associated with design, implementation and integration of computer systems in mission critical response operations environment. Candidate must be capable of installing stand-alone computer/simple network additions or network installs, wiring install, or support level efforts augmenting the large and very large LAN/WAN projects.
- Workstation: unbox equipment; check inventory; set up/Power on; set up default configuration; install hardware; deploy workstation.
- Install OS; test configuration; run diagnostics
- Configure computers and devices for network
- Image computer systems
- Install updates and scripts
- Run diagnostics, repair and test computer equipment/devices
- Act as the first level support for customer technology problems and identify root causes, resolve, and monitor technology support requests in a timely, effective, and professional manner
- Properly escalate and document unresolved queries to the next level of support
- Regularly maintain internal service ticket and time entry information
- Some college or equivalent experience; technical coursework
- Entry level with some prior experience providing technical support in a business environment.
- Windows OS experience
- Hands-on and practical knowledge of networks and computer systems.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with customers and peers; tactful and effective customer communications.
- Strong team player
- Ability and willingness to evaluate and learn new technologies and apply them effectively.
- Previous position with customer service experience.
Special Position Requirements
- United States citizenship and Permanent Resident restrictions apply.
- Must be able to pass security background check.
Must be able to sit and focus on task for long periods of time, often with distractions. Must have fine motor skills to operate keyboard, mouse. Must be fluent and communicate easily using English language. Some local travel may be required as well as extended customer on-site work.